HR for Everyone
HR for Everyone
These pages will help you understand our Performance Framework and HR Systems, and provide information regarding the People Team's Ways of Working
If you have any questions please contact the people team on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Performance Framework is the collective term we use at LUU to describe how we manage performance in the organisation. This starts with probation meetings. Generally speaking weekly paid staff will have probation reviews at the end of their first, second and third months. Monthly paid staff will generally have their reviews at the end of their first, third and sixth months. In exceptional circumstances probation periods may be extended.
Once a staff member has passed probation they have One to One Meetings. For weekly paid staff this is once a term. For Monthly paid staff these are completed by the end of November, January, May and July. Monthly Paid staff also have a 12 Month Performance Review Meeting which is competed by the end of September and a 6 Month Performance Review meeting which is completed by the end of March.
We have a course on Love to Learn called "Performance Meetings at LUU" which is great training for everyone who holds these meetings.
We have two main HR systems currently.
iTrent - is our HR and Payroll system. You can view and edit personal information, access your payslips and monthly paid staff can also book holidays through this system. There are 2 training guides on how to use iTrent below depending on your role. For any iTrent queries please contact email@example.com
Staff Savvy - is our online rota'ing and digital recruitment tool. Training modules for staff savvy will shortly be available on LovetoLearn. For any Staff Savvy queries always first direct your query to your manager should it involve a query regarding your rota. If you are unable to resolve your query with your manager please contact a member of the People Team.
Ways of Working
For our recruitment SOP's please visit the dedicated page on Recruitment on the Staff Intranet page under the HR for Managers section.
A member of the People Team will be available between the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday. If for any reason a member of the team is not available during those times, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you email email@example.com we will be in touch with you within 48 hours to acknowledge receipt of your email. Depending on the nature of your query resolutions may take longer than 48 hours.
If you would ever like to discuss anything privately with a member of the People Team please drop by the Level 1 Office or email and we can find a suitable time to meet you.
For monthly payroll we have a deadline each month at which point we are no longer able to make any further changes. This varies each month because our pay day varies depending on when the last working day is. Usually though it will fall around the middle of the month. If you would like a definite date please contact a member of the People Team for the month in question.
Please take all overtime sheets to the payroll team directly.
For monthly paid staff if you have the following queries, please follow the below steps:
- Overtime query - please initially raise your query with your manager and ask them to check the hours and confirm if there has been an error. If there is an error the manager is the correct person to authorise the additional hours being paid through payroll and this can either be paid in the following payment or as a cash advance.
- Unsure about a payment or deduction that appears on your payslip - please contact a member of the People Team who should be able to clarify this with you.
- Tax query - if you are unsure about a tax situation on your payslip please contact the payroll team at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance followed by the People Team if you have been unable to resolve your query
If you are a weekly paid member of staff and have a query regarding the hours that have been paid to you please go through the following steps:
- Initially raise your query with your manager and ask them to check the hours and confirm if there has been an error. If there is an error the manager is the correct person to authorise the additional hours being paid through payroll and this can either be paid in the next available payroll or as a cash advance.
- If you have further queries that your manager is unable to answer please at that stage contact the payroll team for confirmation at email@example.com
- The final stage can be to contact the People Team if you have been unable to find a suitable solution.
- Tax query - if you are unsure about a tax situation on your payslip please contact the payroll team in the first instance followed by the People Team if you have been unable to resolve your query.
We work closely in partnership with two trade unions: UNISON and UNITE. You can find out more by following the links below.
Visit https://www.leedsuni-unison.org.uk/ to find out more.
Message from UNISON 26/03/20
'These are worrying and stressful times but your Branch is still here to support you. If you need to get in touch, email firstname.lastname@example.org - there’s an automatic reply on the unison email inbox that has alternative contact details. We will respond to all concerns and queries. Above all, stay safe and take care of each other. '